Letting a property? It all starts with a little bit of advice...
... and where better to start than with the letting agent voted 2016, 2017 & 2018 Best Agent in Surrey & Sussex?
Letting a Property with Homes Partnership
The Crawley rental market is one of the fastest moving and most competitive in the UK. With demand often outstripping supply, marketing property to let in Crawley may seem like an easy trade, however it is quite the opposite. The ethos and motivation of each letting agent along the high street, and online, is dramatically different and that is not always a good thing! Our drive is purely focused towards delivering the best possible customer service; something that is backed up by us winnings leading industry awards year after year. Letting a property is what we do and we do it well!
Crawley's tenants are a varied bunch and with many different types of employment being offered in the area, it can be very tricky identifying the right type of tenant for you. Our job is to spend the time and effort filtering down the large pool of tenants to find the one perfect for you and your property. Years and years of experience enable us to use our 'gut feeling' to work out who is good and who may not be. This care and attention in finding the right tenant is just one of the reasons we are different from the some of the other letting agents.
Our high street office is located in Crawley and every single one of our staff has grown up and lives within our local area. This local DNA helps us understand the areas we cover inside-out enabling us to always be on hand to help and most importantly use our knowledge for matching the right properties to the right tenants. According to statistics from Rightmove.co.uk, just 4% of direct enquires relating to a specific property result in a let on that property. We understand customers needs and match them to property they likely may already discounted or missed completely, this is what estate agency is really about and something online agents can't do as they have no database of tenants.
We have over 250 active tenancies with around 70% of those are being fully managed by Homes Partnership. Our portfolio has been built on recommendations and repeat business since we started our lettings department in 2010. Our year-on-year growth continues and we would love to help you with your investment regardless of what type of service your require.
We utilise the best available sources to market your property to maximum effect. This includes superior digital advertising, regular mail-shots and call-outs to suitable tenants on the mailing list and a colour display in our High Street office. Our properties are advertised on several property portals including www.rightmove.co.uk, www.zoopla.co.uk & www.onthemarket.com. Our prominent 'To Let' boards are also an excellent marketing tool; a 24/7 advert! With superb property particulars including great free professionally edited photography and floorplans, accompanied viewings and a dedicated Property Manager to manage your tenancy after they have moved in (on managed tenancies).
Throughout marketing our lettings team keep our clients updated on progress with feedback following viewings and regular suggestions on how to improve your chances of securing an quick let, so if you have a property to let locally then give us a call or pop in for a friendly chat and a coffee. We offer free valuations with no obligation to proceed and to make it even easier you can simply fill in the free valuation request form at the bottom of this page!
Letting a property in Crawley? Then come to Homes Partnership!
Why us Homes Partnership to Let?
We've summarised some of our favourite reasons below...
- Free professional photography and a free floorplan provided to ensure your property looks great
- Dedicated, in-house property manager to ensure your let is a smooth one
- Use of modern technology such digital maintenance problem reporting means your tenants can report issues 24/7
- We accompany all viewings as standard to ensure we do the hard work and not leave it up to you
- We are an independently owned, family-run business. We have our customers best intentions in mind at all times because we care
- Positive reviews – we have hundred and hundreds of reviews from the people that matter, our former customers
- Complete portal marketing including Zoopla, Rightmove and OnTheMarket.com
- Over 100+ years combined experience to utilise to get the best results for you
- No upfront fees – Any costs are deducted after the tenant moves in
- Viewing feedback provided within 24 hours for all viewings
“All the staff were very helpful, responding quickly to requests and questions. All viewings were accompanied with prompt feedback”
Legislation: A brief overview of what you'll need to know
Here, our expertise really comes into its own. All our agents are ARLA qualified, or in the process of taking their exams, so you can rely on us to get it right. Here are just some of the laws that apply to being a landlord!:
- Deregulation Act 2015
- Energy Performance of Buildings (England and Wales) (Amendment) Regulations 2014
- Furniture and Furnishings (Fire) (Safety) (Amendment) Regulations 2010
- Gas Safety (Installation and Use) Regulations 1998 (SI No. 2451)
- Houses in Multiple Occupation (Management) (England) Regulations 2009
- Housing Act 2004
- Housing (Tenancy Deposits) (Prescribed Information) Order 2007
- Immigration Act 2016
- Landlord and Tenant Act 1987
- Money Laundering Regulations 2007
- Terrorism Act 2000
- Town and Country Planning Act 1990
- Unfair Terms in Consumer Contracts (Amendment) Regulations 2001
With that being just a small sample of the legislation involved, seeking expert guidance from the outset is vital. Mistakes can be extremely costly for landlords as well as emotionally traumatic. Having experts like Homes Partnership with you every step of the way ensures you are staying on the right side of the law at all times as well as making sure costly mistakes are not made at all.
Letting a property out does not have to be stressful or time-consuming event. Our aim is to have all of our landlords enjoying the fruits of their investments rather than becoming a slave to them.
Now you've read what we are about, we'd love you to get in touch and discuss those first steps! Letting a property all starts with a free valuation...